Hello readers! I spent last weekend down in the hill country with my family, so of course I had to concoct something special for the occasion. The weather was gorgeous on Friday; temperatures in the upper 80’s, beaming sunshine, and a refreshing breeze- so naturally, I opted to make a tasty alcoholic refreshment: Summer White Sangria with orange and berries! This drink is perfect for spring and summer, I will definitely be making it again to enjoy alongside the pool. 🙂
It turned out quite delicious of course (as I do pride myself on my sangria-making abilities), so lucky for ya’ll I am going to share this fresh sweet recipe with you!
The bones to making any kind of sangria are the following: start off with dry red or white wine, mix in some type of juice, and infuse your choice of fruits. Now you can splash some sprite in there, add a bit of sugar, or even add some liquor. But I prefer to keep it light and skinny with just the wine, juice, and fruits; believe me, the juice and fruits will make it quite sweet on their own! Below is the recipe to the sangria I made in the picture.
- 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups of Pineapple Orange Juice
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 2 oranges, sliced into wedges
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Infusing Time: 3 hours
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. It is important to remember to prepare your sangria ahead of time. The longer you let it sit in the fridge, the longer fruits can infuse the cocktail and the sweeter it will taste!
- Serve over glass of ice and garnish with an orange and strawberry.