Hello readers– today you are in for a treat! I am sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes: Oven Roasted Citrus & Herb Chicken. I always receive a ton of compliments on this meal so be prepared to score some bonus points with your loved ones! I choose to use Italian seasoning and parsley but if you have a liking for other herbs such as thyme and rosemary, feel free to sub those in!
P.S. It really tastes as good as it looks!
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced, 1 lemon sliced
- 1 orange juiced, 1 orange sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion sliced
- 8-12 pieces of chicken
*legs and thighs preferred; chicken breast can get dry in the oven!*
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9 baking dish spread apart with the skin side facing up. Pour olive oil mixture over the chicken.
- Disperse the lemon, orange, and onion slices all around the dish. Sprinkle additional herbs all over as desired
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.
Pairs well with: A glass of Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
Dallas’s Modern Day Hippie