Hey ya’ll! I’m sorry that it’s been awhile since the last blog, I’ve been pretty busy the last couple of weeks! But, I’m making it up to you by sharing my famous rockin’ guac recipe today.
Guacamole is a staple for Mexican cooking. Whether you want to top it on your burritos, tacos, burrito bowls, quesadillas– or just munch on it with some chips as an appetizer or a snack, it’s a fundamental recipe to know.
Not to toot my own horn, but my rockin’ guac is a famous crowd-pleaser. Being that it’s such a simple recipe and doesn’t take very long to make, it’s always one my first go to’s to bring for a potluck. Lucky for ya’ll, I’m feeling generous and sharing the recipe and all of is guac’in goodness with you today. Enjoy!
- 5-6 avocados
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.. Save 2 or 3 of the pits to throw in the guacamole (they help keep it fresher for longer).
- Scoop out avocado and mash up avocado with the side of your knife blade. Place into bowl.
- Finely dice the cilantro and onions, then place them into the bowl.
- Mix avocado, cilantro, and onions until they’re thoroughly mixed.
- Juice lemons and pour lemon juice into the guacamole mixture. Mix everything again, so that the guacamole absorbs all of the lemon juice.
- Add in garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix one more time.
- Serve with food or Tostitos Organic Tortilla Chips!
Please like my new Facebook page to keep up with blog updates!